We gather several different types of information about users of our Sites, including first and last name, home or other physical address, contact information (including email address and telephone number), and other identifiers that permit you to be contacted online or offline. We also collect information about your use of our Sites, and our transactions or other communications. We use the information we collect to operate our business, including the Sites and for other purposes permitted or required by law. In general, we may use the information we gather:
- To manage our Sites and present its contents to you. For example, we may use the information we gather to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; and recognize you when you return to the Sites. We may use the information that we collect or receive to provide support and assistance that you request or to diagnose or address technical problems in the operation of our Sites or any of our services. If you establish an account with us, we may use information about you to manage or support your account. We may identify your use of our Sites across devices, and we may use information we collect from you and receive from others to customize your use of the Sites as you use different devices.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve and evolve our services, including our Sites.
- To provide you with notices about your account and to contact you through telephone, text, email or chat, as permitted by law.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For other lawful purposes.
Below, we explain more about specific information collection and use.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
We gather and retain personal information about you when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, if you choose to complete and submit a form requesting a brochure or other contact, we will retain the data you submit to respond to your inquiry and/or request, and for our records. Similarly, we retain information provided when you register a warranty. We also collect information relating to purchases, communications or other transactions you may engage in with us. This may include payment information (such as payment card details and billing address), order details, shipping details, and other information.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION:
Like many other websites and online services, we collect information about users’ utilization and navigation of the Sites. This information may be collected automatically. We may use this information to help us design the Sites to better suit our users’ needs, operate our business, help diagnose problems with or administer the Sites, customize the display of our Sites to you, and for other purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice. Information we collect automatically includes: the URL that you visited before you came to the Sites; the URL to which you next go; your Internet Protocol (IP) address or other identifiers associated with your devices; the pages you visit; information regarding your browser, device, operating system, and internet service provider; other information regarding your activities on our Sites; and cookie information (discussed further below). Please note that the information we collect, including IP address, may permit us to identify your specific location or region. We may combine the information we collect about you, including automatically collected information, with other information we gather, including information gathered about third parties.
- Information that is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of the Sites that you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly.
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you access our Sites by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Sites. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Sites and determining your approximate geographic location.
The information we collect automatically is information that includes personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect from you in other ways or that we receive from third parties. We may use the information for marketing or analytical purposes. Cookie information helps us to operate and improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Sites according to your individual interests and usage.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We do not control how third parties may use information they gather, including through Cookies or other content third parties may provide on our Sites.
SOCIAL NETWORKING ACTIVITIES:
Our Sites may include the ability for you and other users to link to and share information on social networking websites. As a result, we receive information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about our Sites on these social networking websites. We may use such information about you in a variety of ways, including to administer the Sites and enhance your experience with the Sites, to communicate with you about the Sites and new offerings associated with the Sites, and to understand your interests.
The Sites may include the ability for you and other users to post comments, photographs and other content on the Sites. As a result, we will also receive information about you: (i) when you choose to post or otherwise share information on the Sites; or (ii) when other users post or otherwise share information about you on the Sites. We may use such information about you in a variety of ways, including to administer the Sites and enhance your experience with the Sites, and to communicate with you about the Sites and new offerings associated with the Sites. And such information that you or others post to the Sites will be readily accessible by any other users of the Sites and public.
Some portions of the Sites may require that you register and provide us with certain information, including your first name, last name and email address, and a password. You may also submit other information about yourself, such as your contact information and personal details. This registration information will be used for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account with us, and to facilitate the functioning of the Sites and our services. You may update your registration information by logging in to your account.
If you participate in promotions on the Sites, such as a sweepstakes or contest, we will collect certain information about you. For example, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and mailing address. We will use this information to communicate with you about the promotion. We may also use this information to promote the Sites or our products to you in the future, unless you inform us that you opt out from receiving such communications. See below, opting “Out of Communications” to learn more about opt out options. Note that, even if you opt out of marketing communications, we may still send you other communications (such as communications about transactions you have completed with us).